Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My New Addiction: Vinegar

I really don't know what started the whole thing. Whether it was my mom's initiative to learn how to make her own vinegar, or if my last encounter with Scrubbing Bubbles caused me to make the switch. All I know is I'm addicted to distilled white vinegar.

I use it on everything!
  • Getting the grapejuice stains out of the carpet and our lovely new quilt. (Spray on, let sit, then rinse with cold water. As if it never happened!)
  • Killing mildew in the shower. (Spray on, let sit, scrub out with baking soda and toothbrush.) Before: After:
  • Getting dried milk out of the bottom of a cup. (Sometimes just warm water doesn't work.)
  • Making towels more absorbent. (Throw in 1/2-1 cup in with your normal detergent.)
I love this stuff! I've replaced most of my household cleaners with it. (Except the "green" ones I got at my bridal shower. Thanks Hannah and Amanda!) It kills just as many germs as bleach and cleans just as well as Scrubbing Bubbles without the chemicals, nauseating smells, and the cracked, dry, bleeding hands. Of course, you have to get over associating pickles with that "fresh clean smell".

4 comments:

  1. Vinegar?? I've never heard of that before.. I don't know if I could handle the smell, but maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. louise!! hi! Congrats on getting married!! Im so happy for you..
    my fiance lives in thatcher, he is a manager at sonic, go harass him, his name is mitchell. :P


    As for the whole vinager thing.. my boss is totally this all natural kinda girl and doesnt like using thos ecleaners with all thsoe chemicals which totally makes sense, so she has a squirt bottle with vinager in it.. it totally clenas ot best! so i agree with you..

    also it works the best in replace of windex.. you really get no streaks! :P

    hope all is well, keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it really smell like pickles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i'm hearing an infomercial :-] but you don't sound like the oxyclean guy.... thank goodness. and this isn't a new addiciton! you've been crazy about this stuff for awhile :-]

    ReplyDelete